Natixis has endorsed the UNEP FI Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB), becoming one of the first banks beyond the 28 founding members to endorse the principals designed to align the banking industry with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
Through this early endorsement, Natixis commits to sign the principals following the period of global public consultation which was launched at the end of November and will run until September 2019.
This is a natural new step for Natixis who has been a signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) since 2008, and has been reshaping its business for several years to make a positive and meaningful contribution to the environment and society at large.
Its recent commitments and initiatives include:
- Natixis Assurances pledged to align its investment policy by 2030 at the latest with the Paris Agreement climate trajectory set to limit global temperature rise to below 2°C
- Natixis introduced the first Green Weighting Factor, an innovative capital allocation mechanism to speed up the transition of its lending activity towards sustainable finance
- Natixis joined act4nature, a global initiative of companies from all sectors that aims to protect, promote and restore biodiversity.
- Natixis signed the Cancer@Work charter to create a supportive professional environment for those affected by cancer and promote fitting managerial behavior and practices in addressing staff health issues.
- Natixis is a founding sponsor of the Tobacco-Free Finance Pledge.
As a banker, an investment manager and an insurer, Natixis is fully determined to combine value creation and responsibility. We are convinced our industry has a central role to play in supporting the energy transition. We have been actively reshaping our business for several years to foster sustainable growth, and we are committed to helping our clients to do the same, in all our businesses. Endorsing the UNEP FI Principles for Responsible Banking is a natural new step in our commitment to make a positive and meaningful contribution to the environment and society at large.
François Riahi, CEO of Natixis
Find out more about Natixis contribution to SDG’s